Tuesday, May 19, 2015
This is one of those fall back on kind of recipes that you always keep the stuff on hand when you know you will need a slow cooker meal to save the day. It saved my hiney a time or two, especially during the busy time of football season.
2# Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 package of Italian Seasoning
1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cheese soup
1/2 block of Cream cheese cubed
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese soup to go on top
1 cup cooked rice
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a slow cooker put the chicken on bottom.
2. Sprinkle both seasoning packets on top of the chicken.
3. Next sprinkle the cream cheese along the top of the chicken.
4. Pour on the Cheese soup and spread over chicken.
5. Pour on the Cream of chicken soup over the cheese soup and spread out evenly.
6. Pour on the Cream of Mushroom soup over the chicken soup and spread evenly.
7. Turn on slow cooker and allow to cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
8. Prepare rice as directed.
9. Using tongs or forks shred the chicken and mix well to ensure that the cream cheese is incorporated well.
10 .Add in about 1 tsp black pepper.
11. Add in cooked rice and shredded cheese into crockpot and stir to combine.
This is amazing served with hot crusty french bread or butter biscuits. You can sub 2 cups cooked rotini (or pasta of choice) for the rice if you would rather have pasta. This is also pretty amazing over mashed potatoes!
I added this recipe into a video if you would like to see it being put together. :) CLICK HERE if you would like to see it!