For the Sizzling Hot for Summer Challenge, I decided that I am going to make some pretty hefty goals, yet goals that can be attainable as I work daily towards them all.
1. Explore all my food options on the Induction list of foods on Atkins keeping my levels at that induction level (20grams) at least for the first four weeks. Variety is the key, and there are a few new veggies that I haven't tried in years, and I would LOVE to embrace the opportunity to give them a shot.
2. Log everything I eat and drink. This will hold me accountble, as well as give me a visual clue to see what may be triggering cravings or weird responses.
3. Not go off plan at all. Not ONE day. I will not buy into the lie of "everything" in moderation. I can't have "everything". My body has proved that over and over again..... and it is literally crying out for help. I can't trust myself to have a "free" meal, or even a "cheat" day. Not yet. Maybe when I hit goal, I can but now, there is no hope for me. I want more and more and that is not good.
4. If I am finding myself wanting to go off plan I need to find out why. I am goign to stand strong and fight those cravings, but I need to learn the triggers and how to eliminate those.( Is it just pure lazyness, tiredness, stress, emotional, etc..)
5. Drink more water then I have been.
1. Working out at the gym six days a week. Cardio and strength training each of those days. I may even squeeze one in on Sundays either before church or a swimming session on Sunday evenings. Cardio will be varied from short intense HIIT, to long endurance focused sessions.
2. Reduce the amount of computer time to focus on moving more at home too, not just the gym.
3. Learn to Celebrate through activity and not food. (Ex: Easter ~ instead of focusing on chocolate bunnies and jelly beans, I am going to organize a backyard volleyball game! )
1. Every Wed for my own personal update on this challenge and weigh in.
2. Thursdays to link up all he blogs on the challenge and to post stats.
3. Weekend updates will be more common due to more free time. ( I may use this time to prepost articles, tips, and what not for throughout the week.)
4. When time and energy colide in the evenings, post and read.
14 Day Menu Plan
B: 2 hot dog wieners, 1 string cheese
L: Salad w/ ham, cheese, & Ranch
D: Sauted chicken tenders w/ salad
B: 3 eggs scrambled w/ cheese
L: Ham rolls (3) stalk of celery
D: Baked chicken & Salad
B: 1 string cheese (2 hot dogs after workout)
L: chicken and salad
D: bacon and eggs
B: Micro omlette w/ ham & cheese
L: boiled eggs & cheese
D: Bacon wrapped scallops & shrimp scampi
B: 2 sausage patties w/ eggs
L: Ham roll ups
D: Roast, turnips, 2 oz cheddar cheese
B: Sausage & eggs
L: salad w/ ham, cheese and ranch
D: Grilled steak, sauted mushrooms
B: Sausage and eggs & salsa
L: salad, steak
D: Sauted chicken tenders, loaded broccoli
B: chicken dipped in mayo
L: Salad w/ ham, cheese and ranch
D: Pork chops, 2 oz cheddar
B: Micro omelette (bacon, egg, cheese)
L: Broccoli w/ parm and butter
D: 2 hot dog wieners
B: Deviled eggs
L: Ham and cheese wraps
D: Bunless Burger
B: Bacon and eggs
L: Bunless Burger
D: BBQ ribs, cheese turnips
Sunday 4/12 **
B: Breakfast casserole
L: Cheesy turnips, ham rolls
D: Baked chicken, salad
B:Ham & cheese wraps
L: Salad w/ turkey, swiss and ranch
D: Taco salad (no shell)
B: BLT Wrap
L: Taco salad (no shell)
D: Meatloaf, cauliflower
Not sure of our plans, but this is my backup plan if we end up coming home after church
Celery w/ laughing cow cheese
cream cheese w/ cocoa powder ( for that quick fix)