Hi friends! Happy mid~year! We are now (well @ noon) 1/2 way through 2010. I think this is time to be nostalgic, and begin refocusing myself and my goals to go through the next six months so that I can end this year a wonderful success.
The year of 2010 has been a year of revelations to me. I am learning what is truly important in my life, and what I want to actually "get out" of it. So, before I go forward let's rewind a bit and look at some of the events that have happened thus far:
1. I have maintained (and maybe even gained/lost the same 10 pounds over and over) my weight.
2. Though I have tried to eat different ways, I always come back to my Atkins ways. Carb cycling was a good option, but I didn't do it long enough or, in all honesty, well enough to figure out if it would do.
3. My career took another fork as I am one of the assistant directors (again, but this time with more responsibility), and in the Fall will go full time!
4. My dad has completed his recovery from Bladder cancer, is now cancer free and will be returning to work next week! Praise God!
5. I have realized a relationship that was once fruitful in my life is now anything but and I am taking steps to move forward without causing a "stir".
So, in all honesty the first 1/2 of this year was a time of learning for me. Some of it was solemn, but I can say I ended the first 1/2 of the year in joy. Now it's time to focus on the next 1/2. ONE month at a time.
1. I will exercise 5 out of 7 days a week. (The two days I plan on taking as "off days" may vary and I don't want to be so strict that I can't allow myself to listen to my body. The boundary I am setting for myself on this is I cannot take 2 days off in a row.)
For my workouts on Saturdays, I am committing to do them outside (weather permitting of course). I seriously want to run stadium steps or something similar.
2. I am going to invest in some fruitful relationships around me (both online and in person). God has placed some amazing people in my life both near and far, and it's time to embrace those and allow Him to grow in us through those relationships! (Paula and Annalisa, I need your addresses please!)
3. I plan to continue getting up and staying up with my dh in the mornings. I actually get some time in the Word, and with God this way, and it's nice. Since I am still on Summer vacay, I do plan to still get on the computer when I can, but... that will soon end.
4. It's time to start gathering things for school (for me, and the kids). This means trips to Dollar Tree (lots of neat gadgets can be found there for the classroom from scoopers to organization items), Lakeshore Learning Center, of course Walmart & Target for supplies. More of this will happen AFTER I go to that teaching conference. Lots of ideas get sparked and I can't wait!
5. I will only weigh in on the 1st. (done. Not thrilled, but it's okay.)
August1. I plan to continue to have my same exercise schedule as above. The only difference is I will be hitting the gym in the afternoons ( to get myself ready for school).
2.Not only do I plan on staying up with dh when he goes to work, but now I want to do dry runs. That means I need to be ready to be out the door at 6:30ish. He leaves at 5:30, so that means I have one hour to be ready, get laundry going and put into the dryer, breakfast made for the kids (and myself). It's going to definitely be a challenge because I haven't worked full time in over 8 years, but I am ready. I will also try to work things where I am in the afternoon schedule as well.
3. I am back to school (for prep) on Aug 16th! School starts on the 23rd. So, I need to begin planning menu's for the week ahead of schedule, get myself acquainted with doing errands and getting things done on Saturday, and learn to rest on Sundays.
4. I will only weigh in on the 1st. (My goal is to be at 145 by the 1st of august.)
And as things are, I can only think ahead two months! :) Setting those boundaries for me for the next two months is a big step. I am not only whipping my flesh into shape, BUT.. I am whipping my mind as well. (AND.... as you see, I didn't mention what I am doing with my food! LOL I am keeping things hush hush for now. At least until I figure out what I am doing, and it is consistent!)