I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 NIV
Last night before bed, I was praying and talking to God. Throughout the day yesterday, I heard as well as read about asking God to give you a sign, that it isn't a sin, and it will not anger God because I wasn't asking out of doubt that God is God, I just needed some reassurance. Well, I did. I asked God to show me a sign of confirmation that I am on the right path to freedom in my health, and for it to be clear that I am doing the right thing. (He did, and I will tell you in a bit, just hang on with me!)
As I was reading and laying in bed, I began to feel a smile come upon my face. God was urging me to make a list. I have been reading on many blogs what is being called a "happy list" (a list of the things that bring happiness to oneself) and while I have been wanting to do that ~ God was asking a bit more. He urged me to make a list of all the things that make me UNIQUE , and to marvel at the ways we are so different. I went to sleep on that thought, and it was there when I arose this morning. So, I bring you ~ the many ways that God made me ~ Mrs. Sheila ~ fearfully and wonderfully by His mighty hands.
1. I have a talent for sharing deeply more in the written word rather then just speaking. I LOVE to write, because I am able to express myself clearly, and sometimes creatively.
2. Ironically, I also have the gift of the gab! I LOVE TO TALK! Anyone who knows me, knows that I can hold my own in a conversation.
3. I love people. I love being in fellowship, sharing and simply just being surrounded by people. (Now, this does not mean the same thing on Black Friday when there are some crazy moms digging for an Elmo, Xbox, whatever the hot item is!) I attend a mega church with thousands of worshippers every single week. To me it is a tiny glimpse of heaven ~ because there are people of all races and nations represented.
4. I love music, and how it motivates me. Music resides in me, and is a big part of my life at home, in the Explorer, in the classroom, at church, everywhere! EVEN the elevator (though I usually use the stairs!).
5. Generally, I am a very joyful person. For a few years that joy was gone!! ( OH MY! I have just had a revelation! Some of you know that when I started my weight loss journey in April of 2008, it was because of a statement that was made by my love "Where did my beautiful wife go?". All that time I thought he meant beautiful as in thin. I NOW, at this very moment realize he meant the confident, joyful, and spunky woman I used to be, the one I am once again becoming now! Thank you LORD! Thank you for that revelation!)
This is what happens when you blog "free minded" and it isn't all written down ahead of time! LOL
6. I am caring. I care about people I love, and strangers. I pray for those I know who are having financial difficulties and for those who I dont' know who are homeless. (Being a caring person doesn't mean I pay some one's bills ~ especially when they find themselves in the same predicament and can find a way out through hard work and choose not to do it. )
There are so many more, but these are what I can think of right now. I challenge you to seek out the ways that God made you YOU! He has a purpose for those things!
Now, I said I was going to share the confirmation that God gave me. To you, it may sound shallow, but for me it was perfect. I was down a pound! :) See, yesterday I wasn't sure if I was hungry, and even though I didnt' eat a lot, I was concerned that I wasn't able to listen to my body well enough. This was the confirmation I needed to continue seeking freedom in all things. God is amazing!