Sometimes, the most things we should be thankful for are the ones that we just seem to overlook ~ they are often the "unseen" blessings of God, yet hold so much value. It does our heart good, if we would just stop and take inventory of these things. It is then, that we see how blessed a people we are and how much God showers us with his love and attention.
So, on this last Thursday of October, I sit here with a heart full.....
1. The ability to choose music as i desire to fit my mood, or to change it.
2. The little sighs of children as they give in to sleep.
3. The smell of rain.
4. Hot coffee flavored with Peppermint mocha creamer, sweetened with Splenda, as it enters my mouth, and slides down my throat on an Autumn morning.
5. The sound of leaves trickling down the street with each passing car.
6. Silence in the morning.
7.Silence in the evening.
8. Lots of activity and little voices throughout the day.
9. Knowing my co teacher and friend is getting stronger each and every day.
10. Clean sheets, and socks.
11. Kindred hearts even miles apart.
12. A clock to keep me on time and scheduled.
13. The softness of my brown lap blanket in the living room.
14. His living Word that changes each time I read it to speak to my very need.
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12 NIV
15. Unconditional love ~ that comes with so much more.
This morning I come to you and ask that you too begin to search out for those little things in life, that are so treasured and yet often unappreciated. We can choose to live our life gratefully, or we can choose to live with a longing heart for more and never be satisfied.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.Ecclesiastes 3: 10-11