Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
1 stick of butter (margarine) ~ Room Temp
1/ 2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup flour
6 oz Semi Sweet Chocoate Chips
1. In a medium size bowl stir together with a wooden spoon the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Please do this by hand. (It's okay if there are a few "chunks" of butter throughout the batter.)
2. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
3. Spray a cast iron skillet with Baker's Joy or non stick spray.
4. Dump batter into center of skillet.
5. Using a sandwich bag smooth batter along the bottom of the skillet. This will keep your hands clean, and make it easier to get the batter spread all the way through.
6. Bake in a 375*preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top!
7. Let cool and slice like you would a pie.
8. Top with either whipped cream or a scoop of simple vanilla ice cream!