Boy do I have a word for you! Well a few of them! Are ya ready?! This may be another one of those go getcha a good cold drink so you can read, digest, and ponder this post! ... Go ahead. I will wait right here! I already have mine, so I would hate to have my drink without you having yours!
1. the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
2. the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
3. an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency: a heavenly messenger appearing in a vision.
4. something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience: The vision revealed its message.
5. a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.
Yesterday, during my workout I heard that small still voice. One sentence mind you but it is just still being fed into my spirit ~ into the depths of my being! I even shared a portion of that on Facebook because I knew it would be there when I wanted to refer to it again. (Do you know, the majority of the mess I put on Facebook is for my own entertainment?! Who knew! Probably why my wall looks very bipolar!) So... here let's take a peek!
Profound right?! Let's look at that again.
If you are busy living out someone else's vision, you are unable to even find the vision God has for you!!
Woah! That was pretty "take my breath" away yet it also brought happy tears to my heart and eyes too. Why? Because for so many years that is what I did ~ I lived to fit into someone else's vision. I took their vision as my own. I didn't have the guts to say "Uhm, that is NOT what I want to do with my life, and I am not going to.". I didn't have the heart to "offend" yet I offended God by not hearing what HIS vision for my life is. I buried them. I hid them. I didn't think I was worthy of them. Guess what!? God would NOT have given me the vision(s) that He has if He wasn't going to equip me ~ if he didn't already plan for me to do those things.
But let's not focus on me right now. Heck, lets not focus on you either. Let's see some stories from the Word where God did give clear vision. I won't go too much into detail as i want to because tomorrow's Motivation for your Monday's post is on taking action and why. (So if you see some duplicates just know that is basically a two part blog post!)
1. Noah ~ Noah found favor with God when God was simply ready to end life as everyone knew it. So he gave Noah a vision ~ a CLEAR vision, and Noah obeyed. Do you think Noah was mocked? Yes. Could other's see the vision that Noah had? No. Do you know why? It was MADE specifically for Noah! The vision God gave Noah was for no one else, yet through the mocking and criticism Noah continued onward towards that vision. (If you click on Noah's name that is underlined ~ you can read part of his story.) Do you think anyone outside of Noah's family understood the vision? No! Not until they saw it come to pass.
2. Jericho ~ God gave Joshua a CLEAR VISION on how to take captive the city of Jericho! Do you think other's around them understood this whole vision? No! Not until they saw it come to pass.
3. Mary ~ God gave Mary a CLEAR vision too! She was going to become the birth mother to Jesus. He brought the vision for her life through a messenger ~ an Angel of the Lord. Did other's understand this vision? No. Would they? Well.. no, not until they saw it come to pass. In fact, she and Joseph both were ridiculed, judged by their peers, and even faced much criticism.
Let me get to my point! The point is that God has a vision for each of us. It is often VERY clear, and many times seems so unattainable and far fetched! That is how creative our God is! But we can't expect other's to understand our vision nor want the same vision for them. We also... and this is a hard one to chew ~ but that brought much freedom to me yesterday ... can't live someone else's vision for them. I see many people get wrapped up under a particular leader in their life but what is really happening is they are living someone else's vision. Some are called to be in our vision ~ and under that leadership. But not everyone. Noah's story is a good example of that. This is something I struggled with but finally feel like God has given me freedom to let go ~ and simply embrace the VISION for my OWN life that He has given me! It's time to let go of expecting to live under someone else's vision and see where God is trying to lead you! Until you do... He can't even begin to show you!