Monday, August 11, 2014
Motivation for your Monday: Your Morning Routine
How do you start your morning? Did you know how you start your day sets off a whole cycle for the rest of your day? No, you didn't? Let's take a look at one of "those" days to show what I mean.
You wake up and realize your alarm didn't go off. Not only are you late for work, but so are your kids. You walk in the kitchen and pull out the cereal to see that there is no milk. The cat knocked over the food bowl, all the dishes in the dishwasher is dirty and you forgot to put clothes from the washer to the dryer before going to bed. You have been awake a whole ten minutes and your whole world has just been turned upside down!
Who wants that kind of morning! Not me! We buy car insurance but many of us never make a claim on it. We buy house insurance, yet again many of us never make a claim on it. We do it as a form of protection. Why don't we do that on our own life everyday?
1. BEFORE you get out of bed: Smile, Breath deeply and be grateful! YOU woke up! YOU were given another day so that means God hasn't given up on you AND you still have a purpose to fulfill!
2. AS SOON as you get out of bed: Stretch, Kneel, and pray. Tell God good morning and invite Him into the rest of your day.
3. DRINK a glass of lemon water: Lemon water is good for you! Lemon has been known to help with those who are depressed and feeling down. Citrus is also a good natural energizer. Water first thing in the morning ignites your metabolism AND gets the digestive system going. OH... and it's good for you!
4. MOVE IT! We were not created to lay around the house. If your hurting in the morning it is more likely due to lack of activity rather than injury or over activity. I firmly believe the more often we get to moving the less painful it will be next time. (I also use this time to listen to either a podcast/music/audio book/lesson on CD)
5. TACKLE ONE THING you have been putting off or often put off. Why? Because then it's done. Period. Stop procrastinating and living in excuses. It's not attractive and honestly it is not getting you anywhere NEAR where you really want to be in life.
6. MAKE A PLAN! Do you know where everyone needs to be at a certain time? What's for dinner? Any errands to run? House-blessings to tend to? Stop whining that you don't have enough time in the day. You have the same 24 hours as I do. If one of us has a plan and the other one does not... who do you think is going to have a more productive day?
7. LOOK the part! That's right! Look the part for today! Don't tell me that your physical appearance doesn't change the way you feel inside. It does! Take a moment to fix your hair, dress, and put your face on. (This is another GREAT time to multitask ~ listen to a podcast./music/audio book/lesson on cd)
Did you notice, playing online is NOT on that list? Facebook is not on that list. Twitter is not on that list. Do you know why? They are energy zappers. The things I listed for you.... are energy giving! Again, how you start your day is how you will finish your day. How do you want your day to go? Do you want to start it with energy zappers and allow that energy to continue to be zapped throughout the day so that at the end of the day you are listless? Me either. I want to LIVE not simply survive.