Monday, February 9, 2015
Motivation for your Monday: Releasing what is not working
If you have been working towards your 2015 goals, and finding yourself still stuck in the same ol humdrum thinking of "oh well, maybe tomorrow" here are a few reasons why:
1. Fear of Missing Out
When we know we should be tackling a project or activity yet we are distracted by the dings, bings, and glorious sounds of our phone, email, message alerts, etc.
2. It's time to make the stuff you shouldn't be doing HARD and the stuff you should be doing EASY!
Scientific Proven Plan
1. Know what you want.
2. Have A solid morning ritual (lose the phone or other distractions)
3. Important work first thing (No distractions)
4. Control your environment (stop letting your feelings lead you)
5. Meetings, calls, and little things in the afternoon for optimal performance
6. 5 second rule (you have 5 seconds to follow impulses)
7. Plan for a relaxing evening
Stop it! Just Stop it! YOU can achieve the goals you want to if you just do it. Stop complaining and saying there isn't enough time, money, resources. Just shut it and do it. Harsh? Maybe but I for one want to further my life not hinder it.
Check this video out that follows up this post via Mel Robbins! She is amazing!