Do you want an amazing addition to your Easter table this year? Last week I cooked a big Sunday dinner which consisted of a Slow Cooker Ham, macaroni and cheese and these beautiful asparagus bundles. I marinated the asparagus for a couple of hours before wrapping them in bacon and I have to tell you, these are a keeper!
1 Bundle of fresh asparagus
10 slices of bacon
1/2 lemon juiced
2 to 3 TBS olive Oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1./2 tsp ground white pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1. Make marinade by squeezing the juice of half a medium to large lemon. Whisk in olive oil, garlic salt, and white pepper. Pour over asparagus in a bowl and allow to sit in the fridge for at least two hours.
2. Divide bacon into ten stacks ~ yes there will be several peices and do not worry about them not cooking evenly. They will be fine!
3. Using one piece of bacon, wrap around one stack of asparagus and place on a baking rack. (I use tin foil to line the baking pan I use to save on clean up).
4. Continue until all the bundles are wrapped.
5. Bake in a 375* oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until all asparagus is tender and bacon is crispy.
6. You might turn the temp up to 425* for the last 5 to 10 minutes to help in crisping the bacon faster.