Sunday my husband woke up and decided he wanted to cook on his smoker. Yay! I love when he does that! So, the bulk of dinner was being done by him, I only had to come up with some sides. I decided I would make some slow cooker cheesy ranch potatoes because I could get it set up and then let it cook without heating up the house. Funny thing is I realized this would be amazing with eggs on a tortilla for breakfast, or even just as they are for a meal. I don't know if it is because it is summer or what, but I have been feeling the desire to go easy on the meat and eat more veggies and fruits.
6 to 8 Russet potatoes Peeled and chunked
4 TBS vegetable oil
1 packet of Ranch seasoning
1 cup of cheese
1 packet of Oscar Meyer Bacon pieces (or six slices of precooked bacon crumbled)
4 slices of colby jack cheese
1. In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and stir well to coat.
2. Spray the inside of your slow cooker with Pam or your choice of non stick spray.
3. Dump contents into slow cooker.
4. Cook on High for three hours and then switch it to low for 1 to 2. Stirring every now and then.
5. In the last 30 minutes, place sliced cheese on top and allow to melt.
Sliced green onions and sour cream if desired.