Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Tasty Tuesday: Stuffed Panko Crusted Pork Chops
Last week I decided to throw in a yummy new recipe to my menu plan and boy am I glad I did!
Have I mentioned how much I really like Kale lately? I have been using it where fresh spinach is usually called for and I have to say the texture it adds where Spinach went limp... boy oh boy! I love it!
4 Boneless Loin Chops (Butterflied but not split)
1 block of cream cheese
1 package of Zesty Italian Dressing (dry) Seasoning
About 1 cup of Kale (Frozen then squished in the bag ~ it chops it for you!)
Your favorite Steak Seasoning
Salt if needed (Check that steak seasoning)
2 cups panko crumbs
2 TBS oil
2 TBS Taco Seasoning
2 eggs whisked
1. In a bowl mix zesty Italian seasoning, cream cheese, and kale.
2. Sprinkle seasoning inside of chops.
3. Fill chops with cream cheese mixture evenly.
4. Use toothpicks to seal the edges closed.
5. Sprinkle steak seasoning over top and bottom of chops.
6. Place in a covered casserole dish into fridge until about 30 minutes before you want to start cooking them.
7. Thirty minutes before time to cook, pull chops out of fridge. In a skillet heat up 2 tbs of oil and add panko crumbs stirring until they begin to brown. Be careful! They scorch easily if left unattended.
8. Remove from heat and add taco seasoning stirring to combine well.
9. Dip chops into whisked eggs, and then into panko crumbs to coat.
10. Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet with a cooking rack in a 375* oven for about 30 minutes.
When I served these I used two boxes of Rice A Roni fried rice, added in a bit more butter and added at least 2 cups of frozen kale! It was delish!
I would love for you to link up one of your current favorite recipes in the linkup below!
Link up your latest entry here!