Oh my word! First do not let the word "beer" turn you off this recipe. Second, wipe that drool off your face from the idea of bacon in your macaroni and cheese!
1 package of medium shell pasta (1 #)
1 pound of bacon chopped
4 oz Cream cheese
8oz of SHARP cheddar cheese Shredded
4oz of Colby jack cheese Shredded
4 to 6 oz of Velveeta
1 medium yellow onion chopped
2+cups of milk
1 16oz of Guinness beer
Celery Salt (1/2 tsp+)
Garlic Salt (1 tsp+)
Ground White Pepper (1 tsp +)
Ground Black Pepper (1 tsp +)
Chipolte Chili Powder (1 tsp+)
8 oz of cheese for topping
1. Boil Pasta to aldente as per directions on your pasta.
2. In a LARGE pot cook bacon and onions in 3 TBS Olive Oil until onions are tender and bacon is crispy. Take out and drain on paper towels.
3. Add in 1/4 cup of oil and 1/3 cup of flour. Whisk together and allow to cook for two minutes to cook the flour but no longer. You do not want to brown the flour.
4. Add in 2 cups of milk and bottle of beer and whisk until it thickens. Add in more milk if needed (I most likely used almost another whole cup but I didn't measure to be exact).
5. Add in cream cheese and allow to combine and be whisked in.
6. Melt in the remaining cheese (except for the amount for topping) and add seasonings as needed. I used quite a bit of each but we like flavor and a little heat. I wanted to add in some red pepper flakes but didn't. Next time I will.
7. What you are wanting is a luscious cheese sauce! If you need to add more milk, please do. Taste for seasonings. Add drained pasta and pour into a sprayed 13x9 casserole dish. Top with cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated 375* for about thirty minutes ~ checking to make sure that the top doesn't get too browned.
I served this for a main meal with Garlic Knots and cut up cucumbers with cherry tomatoes. I wish I had gotten some green onions to put on top!