Biscuits! YUM! Need I say more?! In our house we adore biscuits on the side of many meals. Sometimes I like to play with the dough and make them something a bit more exciting, and these were definitely just that ~ exciting!
3 cups of baking mix (I prefer Bisquick)
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of chopped pickled jalapenos
1 tsp Chipolte chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 stick of butter melted
1. In a large bowl measure out baking mix, garlic salt, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and chipolte chili powder. Add buttermilk and stir to combine. (If need be add a little more milk or mix to make dough not sticky but be careful about over mixing.)
2. Pat dough out to 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick and using a circle cutter, cut out.
3. Dip each biscuit into butter and put on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in a 450* oven for about 10 minutes or until nice and golden.
5. Brush on any remaining melted butter on top of each biscuit. (If you do not have any left over, met just a little bit more ~ you won't regret it!)
1. On side of a bowl of chili or stew!
2. With biscuits and gravy!
3. Just as they are with just a bit of butter in the center!