1 # ground beef
2 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 jars of your favorite Marinara Sauce
1/2 of a white onion chopped
2 TBS minced garlic
Basil, Italian seasoning, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Celery Salt, Garlic Salt, Basil, Lemon Pepper
16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 box of pene pasta
1. Boil pasta until it is aldente. (A little bit of chew left in it)
2. In a large sauce pot heat olive oil on medium high heat and saute onions for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add meat and begin to brown the meat and finish cooking the onions and garlic stirring often until meat is cooked through. Drain.
3. Place meat,onions, and garlic back into sauce pot and add in the jars of sauce. Taste it and add various amounts of the seasonings listed above. It is hard to tell you exact amounts because I just sprinkle what looks good and taste. (Be careful on seasonings with salt.) Once you get it seasoned and it almost tastes amazing, toss in about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and stir, turning heat to low and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
4. Drain pasta if you haven't already.
5. In a large casserole dish place about 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom.
6. Dump the drained pasta on top of sauce and spread out.
7. Sprinkle pasta with Garlic Salt and 1/2 of your mozzarella cheese.
8. Pour on the rest of the sauce spreading to cover the pasta and cheese.
9. Sprinkle the top with garlic salt and mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake in a preheated 375* oven (covered with foil) for twenty minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. (IF you are starting with a cold dish, please allow an extra 10 to 15 minutes.)