It's been far too long since I shared a new recipe with you guys, and this one is perfect for the cooler weather that is trying to set it's eyes on all of us! If you like comfort food this is for you!
2 cups Ham Chunks (great use for holiday left overs)
1 lb bacon
3 cups of frozen corn
1 bell pepper chopped
3 jalapenos seeded and chopped
2 carrots diced
2 stalks of celery diced
1 small to medium yellow onion chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chipolte chili powder (optional)
1/3 cup of flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups chicken broth
1 bunch of green onions chopped
1. Brown bacon in a soup pot that you added about 2 tbs oil to. Once bacon is brown removed to a bowl to cool.
2. Add in all cut up veggies (except green onions and corn) and saute until tender.
3. Add in seasonings and flour and stir around. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add in heavy cream and stir well until combined.
5. Add in milk and stir in until combined.
6. Add in cream cheese and stir until combined.
7. Dump in the frozen corn and ham chunks and stir well. Once combined, mix in the chicken broth. Mixture should resemble a creamy soup.
8. Add in all the bacon as well as the green onions and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
I served this with garlic Ciabatta rolls and it was amazing!
Would you like to check out my grocery haul for this week? Click here! I will be sharing some planning and how I get done all that I get done on a busy schedule later this week!