That's right! I am making a list, my book list for the year. So far though I haven't really read a whole lot. I know it is only day 4, and I consider today day 2 since I started back to work routine yesterday. Anyway, I thought I would share my list with you just for kicks!
I wanted something new and fresh (to me) for Spiritual Growth so I took the leading from Jennifer Ross from Pretty Neat Living and decided to order Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort & Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I am sure you can find it anywhere, but since I am an Amazon Prime Member I always start there. (This is NOT an affiliate link.)
Books for Personal Development are easier for me to pick out and I tried to get a variety from a few different authors, experts, and speakers in all areas of my life from career, to relationships, and beyond. If you haven't spent anytime reading books that will foster a greater personal development then I highly recommend you read at least ONE this year. Once you read one, and you see the fruit from that, you will understand it's importance I promise! I have a few that I am committing to read, and once I get through these I will re-evaluate and see where to go next. BUT that is a long time away! :) Here's the list!
1. Get over your damn self: The No BS blueprint for building a life-changing business Written by Romi Neustadt. (Romi Neustadt is passionate about helping others build lucrative direct sales and network marketing businesses that help create lives with more freedom and flexibility, greater purpose and a lot more fun. In this book she offers you the same direct, no-BS coaching she's given to tens of thousands to help you acquire the skills to build this sucker and teach your team to do the same. And, equally important, she'll work on your mindset so you stop over complicating it all and stop letting the negative voices in your head win.)
2. First Steps to Wealth: A Revolution to Increase Your Income, Improve Your Relationships and Expand Your Influence Written By Dani Johnson (A Step-by-step Guide To Getting Everything You Want Out Of Life And More! In this book you will: ■Learn step-by-step tools, techniques and strategies to make more money in less time with less stress! ■Discover million dollar income growth and wealth development principles! ■Advance your career, grow your business and transform your life over the next 12 months - even see results within your first week! ■Receive a paint-by-numbers system for getting ahead in a changing world for a lifetime of happiness, satisfaction and fulfillment! ■Unlock a proven debt annihilation formula that has already helped thousands of people pay off debt to the tune of millions of dollars!)
3. High Performance Habits : How extraordinary people become that way Written by Brendon Burchard ( After extensive original research and a decade as the world’s highest-paid performance coach, Brendon Burchard finally reveals the most effective habits for reaching long-term success. Based on one of the largest surveys ever conducted on high performers, it turns out that just six habits move the needle the most in helping you succeed. Adopt these six habits, and you win. Neglect them, and life is a never-ending struggle. )
4. Dream It Pin It Live It : Make Vision Boards Work for You Written By Terri Savelle Foy (When the vision is clear, the results will appear. Clarity about your dreams is the single most important step to success! In this book, Terri Savelle Foy shares her journey of using vision boards to accomplish great things and shows how you can too. Discover how vision boards work, what to do after you've made them, and the hidden key to living your dreams. Find out how you can open your imagination and have that childlike faith to believe that anything is possible, and turn your dreams into reality.) I have ordered this book directly from www.terri.com and am still waiting for it to come in, however I ordered it over the weekend. Actually I ordered two copies. One for me, and one for our 18 year old daughter.
5. Grace Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy Written by: Emily Ley (As a busy wife, new mother, business owner, and designer, Emily Ley came to a point when she suddenly realized she couldn’t do it all. She needed to simplify her life, organize her days, and prioritize the priorities. She decided to hold herself to a standard of grace rather than perfection. This mantra led to the creation of her bestselling Simplified Planner®, a favorite among busy women everywhere—from mamas to executives and everywhere in between.) I am not sure if you guys read my post the other day about my one word of the year, but it is JOY and I am excited to read this book!
6. Make It Happen. Surrender Your Fear. Take the Leap. Live on Purpose Written by Lara Casey (Make It Happen is the story of how I surrendered my fear, took the leap, and got a life. In my case, a perfectly imperfect, fulfilling life as a mama, a working woman, and a grateful wife. This is the story of how I chose to make "it"―a greater purpose than mine―happen, and how you can too.) One of my biggest passions in this season of life is encouraging women to simply love the life they are living and this book I believe fosters that belief.
7. Dusty Crowns: Eliminating the distractions and becoming the woman God called you to be. Written by Heather Lindsey (Have you ever felt like you are completely inadequate and regardless of what you do—you still don’t feel good enough? Well, Heather Lindsey felt the same way for years and she would try to earn God’s love and affirmation. After searching to fill her “God voids” in things, she learned what it meant to be the crown of her spiritual husband, God. Instead of chasing after unhealthy relationships, money and things, she sought a relationship with Jesus and He dusted her past off and made all things new. This book is a reminder that regardless of how far you have gotten away from God, He is still right there, ready to dust you off and make you whole.)
I also have a few fictional reads because I do believe in balance in all things. I have chosen to read two separate series from two of my favorite authors. So instead of showing you the covers of each book, I will link up their series, again on Amazon if you are interested. Again, these are NOT affiliate links, but the easiest way to share my finds.
1. Trinity Series by Audrey Carlan (These are definately ADULT novels, and are not necessarily for everyone's liking. I read the Calendar Girl Series two summers ago and loved every one. I literally couldn't put the books down and blew through them quickly.
2. Carrington Series by Erynn Mangum (Erynn Mangum has a way of wrapping faith, coffee, and friends together in ways that simply amaze me. She has a lot of kindle books, but I do not use a kindle though I can always borrow my husbands! LOL)
And there ya go! :) I hope that you have found at least ONE book that intrigues you from my list and that you get to reading soon! Readers and leaders, and leaders are readers! As mothers we lead our home under the guidance of our husband, lead our children, and many of us have become leaders outside of our home. Regardless of your age ... reading is important.